Smiles 4 Fairfax has been open since Monday, May 18th for normal patient scheduling, to include elective procedures and cleanings. We have implemented many new changes and protocols for both patient and staff safety, reassurance, and peace of mind, in accordance with current guidelines.
Office Environment Changes:
- A clear plastic shield has been installed at front desk to maintain safe interaction at check in and check out.
- Operatories will be sterilized multiple times with multiple layers of disinfectant before and after every patient.
- UV-24/7 Purification System for Airborne Pathogens has been installed in the ceiling for your safety.
- Installation of airPHX unit, which works continuously to oxidize pathogens on surfaces and in the air.
- Each operatory is equipped with an extraoral dental suction system with UV-C light, which removes droplets and aerosols effectively to maintain clean air.
- Portable HEPA filtration running 24/7.
- Office reorganization to include waiting room, for ease of disinfecting.
- All common areas and high-touch areas will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Appointment times have been adjusted to accommodate new sterilization protocols and limit the number of patients in the office at one time.
- Minimized waiting room time and crowding. Only screened patients are allowed in the facility and one guardian may accompany a minor patient if required.
- Patients will receive a COVID-19 prescreening questionnaire via text/email to complete prior to appointments.
- Patients are encouraged to wear their own masks to appointments. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided at check in.
- Patient temperature will be taken at check in with an infrared thermometer.
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office from a touch free dispenser.
- Hallway restrooms are available for patients before or after appointments. Please brush your teeth at home prior to your appointment.
- Peroxyl Pre-rinse will be provided to all patients prior to procedures.
- Patient seating has been spaced out in the office and extra chairs are available in the hallway to help maintain social distancing.
- Temperature will be taken for all staff throughout the work shift and logged.
- New PPE equipment will be worn by staff at all times: N95, KN95 and/or Level 3 face masks, protective goggles, face shields, gloves, hair coverings, and isolation gowns that will be laundered by a commercial facility.